- RSVP to attend a school tour and info session to get a better understanding of the academic program at Hope Chinese Charter School (strongly encouraged but not required for admission). Space is limited so please RSVP for each person who will attend.
- Complete and submit the HCCS Student Application. Applications must be submitted by the last weekday in February by 4PM.
- The lottery will be held the first week of March. Attendance at the lottery is not necessary and does not affect your child’s chance of being offered a slot. Results of the drawing will be sent by 3 working days after the lottery.
- If selected in the drawing, your child will be offered a slot for enrollment in the 2017-18 academic year. You will receive registration instructions after the lottery via email. Registration documents will be emailed out with notification lottery notification.
- Registration documents due back at HCCS two weeks after notification.
- Mandarin speaking assessments will be scheduled for enrollees entering grades higher than kindergarten, dates to be determined.
Knowledge of Chinese Language
Knowledge of the Chinese language is not required to enroll at HCCS. Due to our rigorous immersion program, it would be very difficult for many students above 1st grade to successfully thrive academically if they have little to no Chinese language experience. While we will not turn anyone away who is interested in enrolling their child in HCCS, we highly discourage it for the student’s academic benefits. We will conduct an informal assessment of a child’s Chinese language proficiency and meet individually with the parents of any student 1st grade of higher seeking to enroll for the first time.
Students enrolling for the first time in grades 2nd and above who have knowledge of the Chinese language at a level approximating that of their classmates will reap the full benefits of our immersion program.
Please fill out and submit the 2017-18 Application. All applications must be submitted by the last work day in February at 4PM. Applications received after this deadline will not be included in the lottery the first week of March. Applications after this time will automatically go to the bottom of the waitlist.
Non Discrimination Statement
Hope Chinese Charter School (HCCS) will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, ancestry, athletic performance, special needs, proficiency in the English language or prior academic achievement when recruiting or admitting students.