- RSVP to attend a School Tour & Info Session to get a better understanding of the academic program at Hope Chinese Charter School (strongly encouraged but not required for admission). Space is limited so please RSVP for each person who will attend.
- Complete and submit the HCCS Application. Applications must be submitted by the last weekday in February. Applications received after this deadline will not be included in the lottery the first week of March and will automatically be placed at the end of the waitlist.
- Beaverton School District policy requires students to be age five on or before September 1st to enter kindergarten. We will be verifying ages prior to the lottery.
2018-19 Enrollment Dates
- Thursday, January 4th, 2018
Accepting Lottery Applications
- Wednesday, February 28th, 2018
Lottery Application Deadline
- Friday, March 2nd, 2018
- Monday, March 5th, 2018
- The lottery will be held the first week of March. Attendance at the lottery is not necessary and does not affect your child’s chance of being offered a slot. Lottery results will be sent via email by the date published on our website.
- If selected in the drawing, your child will be offered a slot for enrollment in the 2018-19 academic year. You will receive registration instructions after the lottery via email. Registration documents will be emailed out with notification lottery notification.
- Registration documents due back to HCCS by the date published in the original acceptance letter.
- Mandarin speaking assessments will be scheduled for accepted students entering grades higher than kindergarten, dates to be determined.
Knowledge of Chinese Language
Knowledge of the Chinese language is not required to enroll at HCCS. Due to our rigorous immersion program, it would be very difficult for many students above 1st grade to successfully thrive academically if they have little to no Chinese language experience. While we will not turn anyone away who is interested in enrolling their child in HCCS, we highly discourage it for the student’s academic benefits. We will conduct an informal assessment of a child’s Chinese language proficiency and meet individually with the parents of any student 1st grade of higher seeking to enroll for the first time.
Students enrolling for the first time in grades 2nd and above who have knowledge of the Chinese language at a level approximating that of their classmates will reap the full benefits of our immersion program.
Please fill out and submit the 2018-19 Application. All applications must be submitted by the last work day in February in order to be entered into the enrollment lottery. Applications received after this deadline will not be included in the lottery the first week of March and will automatically be placed at the end of the waitlist.
Non Discrimination Statement
Hope Chinese Charter School (HCCS) will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, ancestry, athletic performance, special needs, proficiency in the English language or prior academic achievement when recruiting or admitting students.