To assist working parents, Tiny Dragons offers a before and after school program. Before care begins at 7:15 am and is a quiet time for students to prepare for school. The after school program begins at 3:30pm (2:30 on Fridays), and is a time for students to complete homework and enhance their Chinese lessons with activities run by a qualified Chinese teacher. After School Enrichment programs are also available such as Mad Science, Chess Club, Little Engineers and many more.
Schedules and Fees
- Before School Care: $155 per month
- After School Care: $285 per month
- After School Care (Friday’s only): $75
- Both Before and After School Care: $380 per month
- Drop in care available with 1 week notice. Before care drop in $12 per day. After care drop in $20 per day.
Current After Care Schedule:
- 3:30 Check-in/sign-in of students
- 3:30 – 3:45 Snack
- 3:45 – 4:15 Chinese homework or Group activities (teach how to draw cartoon, 2 times/week; story time, play games with chopsticks, learn Chinese flash cards, play Chinese dominoes…)
- 4:15 – 4:25 Bathroom time/drink water; Clean up
- 4:25 – 4:55 Play outside
- 4:55 – 5:30 Activities in the classroom (challenging activities, including Chinese games, learn Chinese through songs, play Chinese chess, abacus…)
- 5:30 – 6:00 Clean up/free time (Lego/reading)
This program excludes days when school is not in session, such as on teacher in-service days.
“I just want to say that I have been very impressed by the quality of your after-school program. My son is always excited to tell me what he learned. I can tell that the teachers in the after-school program spend individual time with him, helping him complete his Chinese homework daily, which is very helpful to parents who work full-time or those who do not speak/write in Chinese. In addition, the teachers take initiative in teaching students math, Chinese poems/songs, and Chinese culture.”
– Parent of Kindergartener