Hope Chinese Charter School’s 2016 Startalk summer program: “Let’s explore the botanical world with Pan Pan” from June 27 to August 19, 2016. ***There is no tuition required for this program*** Applications were accepted through 4/28/16 and are no longer being accepted.
This Nationally funded Startalk Stem-integrated summer Chinese language and culture program is an eight week (M-F) full day program for both entry level and intermediate Chinese language learners with three classes based on experience and grade level (grades K-5). ***There is no tuition required for this program***
* Curriculum aligned with National Standards for Foreign Language Education
* Small class sizes with 18 students : 2 teachers (1 primary / 1 associate teacher)
* Extensive fun cultural exposure with integrative, interdisciplinary and hands-on language learning experiences: gardening, computers, arts & crafts, fun activities, outdoor play, culture fair (week 4), and field trip (week 8)
* Standardized oral proficiency measurement at end of 8 weeks
* Lunch & 1x per day snack included
Monday – Thursday: 9am – 3:30pm * Friday: 9am – 2:30pm Optional: fee based before and after care available.
What To Expect
Pick-up and Drop-off
Because safety is top priority, we will have each student checked in and out. Please make sure you list any authorized person to pick up your child on the registration form. Each designated person should be ready to show a picture ID. Inform the office or the camp staff leader if there is a change in advance. Also let the office or camp staff know if the child will be late or absent.
Parents will be notified of details of pick up and drop off procedures, who to contact each day, at least one week before camp starts.
Lunch and Snacks
Children need to bring one snack ready to eat and a full water bottle each day. Please indicate any allergies on the registration form.
It’s summer and fun time too. Please have your child come to camp ready to go with:
- Clothes that can get dirty or messy
- Sweaters or light jackets appropriate for cool or wet mornings that can be taken off as the weather permits.
- Please have your child wearing sunblock and send a bottle with your child’s name on it to school if it needs to be re-applied.
- Comfortable shoes-we recommend sneakers or any supportive shoe with a backstrap. Please no flip-flops as they can cause injury.
- Child may be asked to bring a towel or clothes that can get wet. Notice will be given.
Please Leave at Home
Toys, candy, electronics, gum.
Positive Behavior and Safety
We expect all campers and parents/guardians and staff to be Kind, Safe and Responsible. Staff and volunteers will encourage positive behavior by modeling and practicing the expected behavior. If behavior or safety issues need to be addressed, your child will be talked to and the parents will be notified. Hope Chinese Charter School reserves the right to have the child leave the camp for repeated or extreme misbehavior.
All staff and volunteers will pass a fingerprint and criminal and background check. There will be camp staff who speak native-level fluency of the language taught. Teacher aides and/or volunteers will be assisting the main teacher.