The school’s HCCS School Community Profile & Strategic Plan – Draft is an integral part of the school’s over all improvement plan and consists of strategic goals and measures and annual reporting on progress toward improvement goals and the short- and long-term actions undertaken to attain school goals. The previous School’s Strategic Plan was last updated in 12/13/2017.
The school’s SIA plan was adopted by the Board 4/21/21 and updated 9/5/21. The plan is for three years.
The purpose of the Student Investment Account is to: 1. Meet students’ mental or behavioral health needs, and 2. Increase academic achievement for students, including reducing academic disparities for historically underserved groups of students.
Allowable Uses of the Student Investment Account funds include: 1. Expanding Instructional Time, 2. Addressing Student Health and Safety, 3. Reducing Class Size and Caseloads, and 4. Providing a Well-Rounded Education.
ESSER III funds allow the school to address the most important educational needs as a result of COVID-19. At least 20% of funds must be used for identification of evidence-based interventions to address the academic impact of lost instructional time.
The ARP Act requires each charter school to submit two supplemental plans as part of their ESSER III grant: an ESSER III Integrated Planning Tool Plan (submitted to the chartering district) and a Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan (submitted to ODE).
HCCS FINAL ESSER III Integrated Planning Tool: (due October 20, 2021)
- Builds on learning from our Student Investment Account (SIA) Plan;
- Provides essential information required by ESSER III. It acts as a structure for collecting and aligning the ESSER III-specific information to support planning and sharing key information with our community and staff.
The Safe Return to In-Person Instruction & Continuity of Services Plan (submitted August 2021)
- Replaces the Ready Schools, Safe Learners Operational Blueprint under Executive Order 21-06;
- Fulfills the requirements of American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER III) State Plan; and
- Fulfills the requirements of the Oregon State Board of Education